For blog Oct. 13: MEET THE CHARACTER
Basically, we are to introduce you to a character in one of our novels, either published or in progress. I’m going to blog about Phoebe, owner of Enchanted, a bar, and Keeper of the ruby key.
1. What is the name of your character? Phoebe Guilford
2. Is she fictional or a historic person? Fictional
3. When and where is the story set? In the fictional town of Littleton, Pennsylvania, a small town in the middle of nowhere, about two hours outside of Philadelphia, with some very interesting residents. It is a contemporary time period.
4. What should we know about her? Phoebe is the Keeper of the ruby key. Oh, and she’s a witch. There are four keys that are needed to open the door to a realm where magic is real. The Keepers protect the doorway, and the realm, from those who would take it over. Phoebe is tall, leggy, with short blonde hair. She owns a bar, Enchanted, and rides a motor cycle. Her power is with fire and lightning. She can spark a fire by snapping her fingers or call down lightning from a clear sky – which is not necessarily a good thing as sometimes her temper gets the better of her.
5. What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life? When her protector and lover, Ryan, was killed by a hit-and-run driver, the Powers That Be saddled her with a dork for a protector – Wynton. She not only wants nothing to do with him, but she wants nothing to do with any protector. Then Zack arrives. With his Nordic good looks and love of fast bikes, he spikes her interest in living again. That is, until she finds out he’s her new Protector. Then there’s Edward. Tall, dark, handsome, British accent – who wouldn’t fall for him? Except he’s not exactly without his faults either, one of them being he wants to control the keys and the realm of magic.
6. What is the personal goal of the character? Her goal is to help protect the doorway against all threats, and to learn to live and love again.
7. Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it? The book is called “The Ruby Key” and is the second in the Crystal Keys series.